Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Menu Ideas Part 1

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AePt_ScVkM4gZGQ0NHo1ajJfM2Z2M2o2d2hw&hl=en



As I near the end of this month, I am putting together some of the menu items we ate. We definatley did not suffer! Today I am attaching one weeks worth, and tomorrow I will post another, and so on until you have our full months menu and my original shopping list by the end of the week. This will not be necessarily in the order we ate it - because I am not that organized yet :) As I mentioned in the 2nd blog posting, we ate quite well the first week. Now that I am in week 4 I am having to pull from every creative person I know, because I am obviously running out of things.



I have had to remind myself quite often about the reason I am doing this. It simply is because I love my family. We are on a budget, and finding ways to save time and money is honoring to my husband. For my kids, the idea of them growing up with a tool belt full of ideas of meals and knowing how to prepare them, is important to me. And for all of us, as a family, we have spent more time together at the table, and that is PRICELESS!





2 comments:

  1. Sue Robertson Weathers says:

    "That is awesome! I wish I could do a month at a time...but, with making 2 separate meals plans, it makes it hard, and I eat so many fresh vegetables & fruits, I have to shop once a week or stuff goes bad. But I spend $100 a week, that is the budget for us."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue,

    I think it would be easier than you think. For me this is all new, so I am still learning about what fresh fruits and vege's last longer then others, and so on. Do you have seperate menu plans for dieting reasons? It sounds like you have a budget plan, I am doing the same. $400 a month for groceries, and $100 for cleaning supplies, toilet paper, laundry, etc. This includes our family and daycare. It has been challenging, but totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete