Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I DID IT!!!

WOW :) I am very excited, this morning because I accomplished my goal! On Feb. 16, my friend Lucille took me to Food 4 Less with my $400.00 budget, and showed me how to only have to grocery shop once a month! This did not include my budget of $100 I have for cleaning supplies, etc. which we do at Costco. I was shopping for a family of 6 and full time daycare. When she first talked to me about it I thought, "this is crazy, there's no way I could do that." I was used to spending at least $500 - $600 on a good month, and that was after I cut way back, and my husband was doing the shopping. Read my first blog (Is it possible to shop once a month?) for more details.


For the first few weeks it was easy because there was alot of food in the house. By the end of the month it got a bit harder, because I had to be creative with what I had. The biggest thing I learned this month is that you have to pre plan, ration, use leftovers, and not get stuck in a rut where you make the same thing all the time. It literally is a new way of thinking for me.


On my first trip last month I went $9.00 over my food budget, and last night when I went shopping for this month I was $15.00 under!!! That includes a birthday and Easter. Pretty proud of my self, and I think Lucille would be too :)


I will continue blogging, not necessarily every day or just about food and shopping, although there will be a place for that also. I hope when you see a post pop up for Krista's Corner, you'll click on it, and see what the heck I'm up to next!

2 comments:

  1. Shawn Oliveria says :

    I say, scan all your food receipts and your meal lists for proof. You can be the next Julie-Julia type of movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawn Oliveria says:

    I say, scan all your food receipts and your meal lists for proof. You can be the next Julie-Julia type of movie!

    ReplyDelete