Thursday, March 18, 2010

Embarrassing Moments

I am going to venture away from blogging about shopping for a bit, and see where this goes. This morning I woke up and was feeling a little sad, for no reason at all. Have you ever had one of those days? So as I was sitting here in my living room I started thinking about some of my most embarrassing moments, and it made me laugh. Therefore, I thought, why not share a couple with the world??? To many people are too embarrassed to share their stories, but not me, maybe that just makes me crazy :)

Ok, number 1...ROLLERBLADING DOWN MC ANDREWS HILL...

It was a beautiful afternoon and my husband and I had gotten into roller blading. We lived over by North Medford High School and I was going to visit him where he was working at my Aunt's Store on Central Ave. So I put on my purple and green blades and headed out. I decided to go a faster way this time, not thinking much about it, I headed towards Mc Andrews St. Now for those of you who have been over that way before, you know that it is pretty steep, especially after you pass the Nazarene Church. So I'm feeling pretty cool, right...I got my blades on, I'm exercising, it's beautiful outside, and life is good.....Then I started going down the hill. I quickly notice that I am picking up speed at an accelerated rate and my knees are beginning to wobble. So picture with me if you will, I am flying down the hill on a sidewalk none the less, there are cars passing by me on one side, bushes on the other, and the sidewalk is coming to an end shortly. As fast as my body is going down the hill is about as fast as my mind is racing...."I'm going to die, I'm going to die, I'm going to die" when lo and behold an office space appears past the bushes and a single small patch of grass. So, like a gymnast flys through the air, I throw myself into the biggest dive roll of my life and safely tumble three or four times into that haven. Of course I knocked the wind out of myself, but quickly got up, looked to see if any of the dozens of cars driving by saw me, and continued on my way to my Aunt's store.

What would you think if you were in one of those cars?

Stay tuned for #2 tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment