Saturday, April 17, 2010

Early, Late, or On Time?

There are 3 different types of people in the world. Those who are always late, those who are always early, and those who are right on time. Growing up, my family was always early. No matter what it was, we were there 10 minutes early. However, we have known people who are the opposite. No matter what it is, they are always 10 minutes late. Now I have adapted to my parents ways in this area, except for, I have taken it to the extreme. Not only do I not like it when myself or others are late, but at times I already feel like I'm late, hours before the event is supposed to start. I'll give you an example. This weekened I was having a birthday party for my son Chris who turned 11. We planned to have his party on Friday from 5:00 - 6:30. At around 2:00 my husband noticed I started getting a little restless, and he questioned why. I explained that the party was going to start soon, and I still had a couple things to do. He looked at me like I was crazy, and said "babe, you still have 3 hours!".

Now, don't get me wrong...there are things that I procrastinate on, unfortunatley. I wish it wasn't so, but it is.

Pondering this idea, I can't help but think about other areas in my life. I think we all, at times, wonder why we're here on this earth. We have so many questions that at times go unanswered. When you're young, you wonder if it's too early to dream or have a calling, and when you're older you wonder if it's too late to fulfill your dreams or calling. I have come to the conclusion though, that when we put our trust in the Lord, we don't have to worry, because He is always right on time!

You can never be to young or to old to fulfill His purposes.

2 comments:

  1. I, for one have always believed if your not 5 min early your 5 min late...but my family on the other hand never feels the stresses of being late or the importance of being on time. I could be an hour early, trying to get somewhere and scoot along the kids...help them get dressed, tell my husband that I want to leave an 1/2 hour before I really need to be one time and I get dragging feet, kids that get side tracked really easily and a husband that is multi-task deficient! :) So we tend to be, as a family, 10 min late to everything! Which drives me bonkers.

    I think that it is quite ironic in this case that spiritually it's kind of happening the same way! Thanks for tying the two together, it really put into perspective where I am in my heart right now, even if my family is lagging behind a little...I guess we are always right where we need to be, even if its "Fashionably" Late!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a fashionably late trail blazer! You're awesome Dyan.

    ReplyDelete