Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Pancake Topping Ideas

As you know, one of the things I am learning to do is be creative with my food. In the last couple of months, we have been eating pancakes a lot for breakfast. And, as with anything, if you don't switch things up a bit, even pancakes can get boring.

This last weekend we celebrated my oldest daughter's 13th birthday, and she wanted me to make her a cake with strawberries. Since we bought the ingredients for it a few weeks early, I got frozen strawberries instead of fresh, because I wanted them to last longer. Well, lo and behold I got the wrong cake mix, and instead of taking it back to the store I made the cake for a Children's Bible Study snack, and we bought her a new cake at Costco... So guess what we had left over? We had a tub of frozen strawberries, and one morning I put them on my pancakes.

It was like the clouds parted and the angels came down from heaven singing hallelujah! Now I know this is something simple, but for me it was huge! It was another way to make pancakes - and since we eat them a lot, it was important :) So today I am sharing a list of a few more topping ideas for pancakes I have found. I hope you enjoy it, and remember...whatever area of your life you're in - don't stay in a rut!

PANCAKE TOPPINGS

Applesauce
Frozen berries, thawed and stirred or blended
Cream cheese
Flavored yogurt
Jam or preserves
Warm honey
Melted peanut butter (thin with apple juice, if desired)
Fresh fruit puree
Cottage cheese
Melted cheese
Cream cheese and fruit
Spiced pineapple (1/4 c. crushed pineapple blended with 1 tsp vanilla and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon)

(Can also use combinations of any of the above.)

2 comments:

  1. Jessica Torres Oliveria commented on your link:

    "One of my favorite is vanilla yogurt topped with frozen mixed berries (warmed a little in the microwave). So much better for you than syrup!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love chocolate spread on my pancakes. yum

    ReplyDelete