Thursday, April 29, 2010

Millionaire by Age 30 - Say What?

I read a quote somewhere the other day, and it said "money can't by happiness". Then right underneith it, someone who was wealthy wrote back, "yes it can!" I laughed... probably out loud - and I thought to myself "I wouldn't know". :) I keep telling my husband that the only reason I married him was for his money. Well, that and his good looks!

When we first got married, we had everything all planned out. We were going to be multi millionaires by the time we were 30, therefore never worrying about debt. We would have a beautiful "ginormous" (giant + enormous) house, and maybe even our own airplane or two. The thought of vacationing on beautiful tropical islands, where the sand is white and the ocean is a beautiful light blue, anytime we wanted to, was so intoxicating. It didn't matter to us, that he worked at Safeway, and I worked at Supercuts.

I am now almost 36, and as I am sitting here writing this in my one story house that needs a fresh coat of paint, on furniture that has been through the ringer, I look over beside me. Laying next to me, in a chair sleeping, is my beautiful daughter Anna, all wrapped up in her pink blanket, like a burrito. I realize, I am a truly a happy woman. To be married to a man I love, to have 4 children who adore me, and to be right with God - who can beat that? Well - maybe someone who has all that, plus a million dollars!

Be thankful today for what you have. Maybe it's your family, maybe it's your friends, maybe it's just a little bit of quiet time that you get, or maybe you're packing your bags to go on vacation :) Whatever it is - be thankful.

Although I would still have NO PROBLEM having lots of money - happiness comes when you have a thankful heart, and you can't buy that!

2 comments:

  1. So funny that you posted this on my 30th Birthday...Michael and I have had similar conversations when we were younger....LOL the plan that God has for us is never what it seems! I was striving for so long and now, at 30 (geeze it still takes a breath to say that) I feel like I have turned a new corner toward the lord...Even if I'm living paycheck to paycheck my soul is becoming richer everyday! Keep the blog rockin' and rollin' Krista! Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny that it was on your birthday! I knew you were turning 30, but I wasn't thinking about it when I was writing this :) lol! One of my favorite verses in the Bible is in Matthew 6 where it says, "Seek first the kingdom of God, and all these things will be added unto you. God know's all of our needs and when we put Him first, He makes a way for those things to come to us. I'll make you a copy of that!

    ReplyDelete