Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Singing Songs to my Kids!

We all have things we wished we did better in. You know, those gifts that someone else has that you wish you could just steal for a moment. Maybe it's playing sports, maybe it's cooking, maybe it's drawing, maybe it's just me...
One of the things I really wish I could do well, is sing. Luckily however, I have recognized I can't hold a tune, and I don't try to force my way on to the worship team, or go in front of millions of people and audition for American Idol :) But, that doesn't stop me from singing. I just do it in the confinement of my own home, and guess who is the lucky ones who get to hear me? You guessed it, my family.

I have 4 kids, and each of them has a song I made up for them. Ever since they were babies, I've sung to them. However, what I do, is take tunes from other songs and put my own wors in them. For example - Timothy's song is to the tune of "Baby Looney Tunes" - and it goes like this "Heeeee's tiny, he's toony, he's Timbo Roony, and he is a good boy, I love him very much!" Christopher's is to the tune of Winnie the Pooh...you get my point. Ok - I never said it was brilliant, I just said I sang to them. I have found that one of my "giftings", along with remembering people's birthday, is making up random songs that rhyme. And I do it all the time :) Secretly I think they all love it.

When you have children, you ponder them, you think about them, you make up things for them - even if they are strange. Do you know that God ponders us? We are His children. The Bible says that He even knows the number of hairs that are on our head, He pays attention to us that much! Do you know what else I think He does...I think there are times that He sings over us! I wonder what my song is? I wonder what your's is.

No comments:

Post a Comment