Thursday, April 15, 2010

Joy - Have you ever laughed so hard you cried?

Have you ever laughed so hard you couldn't breathe? If you've never experienced laughing until your crying, you're truly missing out! If you have, then you know what I am talking about. This usually occurs with a good friend or family member. What is kind of creepy is when it happens and there's no one else around :) I've done this before...you know, when you think about something funny that happened a while ago, but you're still laughing about it! How about laughing at the wrong moment? I remember one time my husband was standing on a chair changing a light bulb outside, and the chair gave way, and he biffed it hard. Immediately I started to laugh, and then my second thought was, "oh I better see if he's ok!" What if you're in a meeting or class, and it's a serious moment, and you begin to lose it? That's the worst! Today, I want to focus on the joy of living.

There were times in my life when I felt like I couldn't laugh. Those seasons we go through where feeling happy seems so far away. You may know what I am talking about. But what I have learned, and am continuing to learn, is that you can still have joy in the midst of chaos. There is a peace that surpasses all understanding. Psalms 30:11 says, "You have turned for me my mourning into dancing: You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness."

No matter what season of life you're in right now, let's focus on joy today. Maybe for you that means laughing your head off with a friend (or by yourself), or maybe for you it means just putting your trust in the Lord, and knowing that in the middle of madness...you can dance!

By the way, if you have a funny story you want to share - let me know. Or if you can comment a couple sentences on facebook, that's always fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment