Monday, April 26, 2010

Accomplishments

Coming home from Eugene last night, I had a large cup of coffee, and a stash of sugar candy that was just as large right next to me. Driving at night when I am tired is not fun for me. Heck, I scare myself driving in the daytime when I'm wide awake! None the less, I was driving home as an extremely proud mother. Sitting in the backseat, was my beautiful daughter, who had just won 1st place in every event and all around at her State Gymnastics Meet. It's such a great feeling when someone you love accomplishes something. I will be the first to tell you though, that this did not come easy for her. She is NOT a natural gymnast. However, she is a hard worker, and this was the night when all of her HOURS of stretching and conditioning had paid off.

When I think about the Lord, I can't help but think that He is proud of our accomplishments as well, because we are His children. Those areas in our life, that might not come easy or natural for us, but we overcome them anyway. I can tell you in my life, there have been things that I needed to overcome, that no amount of physical conditioning or stretching would fix. I straight up needed God's supernatural help. I think we've all been there! On the other hand, there are areas that God says He'll give us strength and favor, but we will have to work hard for the victory.

Each step of Emily's journey, we've been proud of her. When she was 8 and just starting, we didn't expect her to do a back tuck. We were proud of her getting the horrendous (at the time) single leg shoot through on the bars :) Now, she could do that in her sleep, but she works on other things. Isn't it the same with all of us? We are all on a journey, and I think God is proud of the accomplishments we have everyday, both big and small!

So keep "conditioning", "stretching", and believing in the supernatural. When you feel as if you've been doing it for hours and hours - still trust that your VICTORY WILL COME!

No comments:

Post a Comment