Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My First "Oh Crap" Moment

The title of this blog got you didn't it!   It got you wondering, "ok what did she do now?"  Well read on and I'll tell you.  Thankfully it wasn't like I fell in front of anyone, like I've done before while trying to rollerblade.  However, that included a huge hill, lots of traffic, and my ego shattering into a million pieces!  It's also a different story, and has nothing to do with what happened Mon. night.

I was already feeling a bit apprehensive because this is Week 3 Day 1, and I was going to have to run longer then I had before.  Throw in the fact that it was "that time of the month", and Sean wasn't going to be able to run with me, so I was by myself for the first time.  However, I'm feeling very dedicated to doing this, so I put on my ipod and headed out the door.

All was ok during the 5 minute warm up walk.  I knew that I would head all the way down Princess Way, and turn towards the school.  I also knew that right before I hit the school my trustee little person would pop up on the program and tell me to start running.  What I didn't know was that there would be about 30 plus football players practicing in the field where the track was!  So there it was, when I saw all those guys in uniform, my first "oh crap" moment.

First of all, at this point I would not want to run in front of anyone, except Sean, because let's just say it's not pretty.  I'm over weight, awkward, slow, and I shuffle.  Second of all, I escpecially would not do it around a track during football practice.  I figured I had approximately 30 sec. to figure out what I was going to do, until "the voice" demanded me to start running.  Was I going to run back from where I came (which would have been uphill)? Was I going to quit?  Then the thought came to me that I could just run back and forth on the street that the entrance to the school was on.  It was about a 4 block straight stretch.

And that is what I did.... Yes I had to dodge people parking and getting out of their cars.  Yes I also had to pass by people working in their yard a few times over. Yes I had to do this all the while being by myself the first time.  But, yes... I DID IT!

Week 3 Day 1 complete without interruption!

4 comments:

  1. Geesh, your braver than I am for sure. I would have just turned around and walked back home!!!! Good for you! I am proud of you!
    Billie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista, you are my hero!
    -Kayla M.-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Princess Way?

    Peter Iverson

    ReplyDelete
  4. We moved back into the house I lived in when we were kids about 8 years ago. Funny, huh!

    -Krista

    ReplyDelete