Friday, July 29, 2011

Week 2 Day 2 (Couch Potato to 5 K)

This morning I woke up and am definately feeling the effects of our run last night.  Everything from my knees down is sore.  Sean said it may be shin splints, I'm not sure.  I am down 4 pounds now, which I'm thrilled about! Since I'm exercising I thought I'd probably better eat healthier to. lol  The two seem to go hand in hand. 

This week we are running 90 seconds, and then walking 2 minutes for 20 minutes.  It seems almost easier then last week, however, I am dreading next week a bit.  Week 3 I will be running 3 minutes then walking 90 sec.  I know I am really out of shape.  To some of you that probably sounds like nothing.  Hard to believe in only 6 more weeks I should be running 45 minutes non stop!  It'll be interesting to say the least.

My friend decided to join us yesterday.  Though she is not actually running with us, she is doing her treadmill at her home.  Super proud of her!  She was pretty excited when she texted me this morning.

Tomorrow we will do it again, and so Week 2 will be complete.  I think of where this could all lead to, and it's pretty exciting.  The most important thing though for me still is to be healthy and active for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment