Friday, August 12, 2011

Changing Form - Week 4 Day 2

Have you ever been on a journey and something just didn't feel quite right?  That's how I was starting to feel towards the end of last week.  I have been running for 4 weeks now, and to my surprise it wasn't being winded that was taking a bit of a toll on me, it was my knee.  Almost from the beginning at Week 1 it has been bothering me and during Week 3 at times the pain was almost unbearable.  I was worried I would have to stop for awhile because I didn't know if I had actually injured myself.

A friend of mine told me some forming tips that she thought might help.  One of them was focusing on making sure I was running heal first.  When I went for my run last night, and started to focus on that, I realized that I had been running  toe first alot of the time. That one change of form helped my entire experience.  I went faster, ran farther, and hurt less then any other time before.  This morning I woke up, and I am not hobbling around like I was.

You can relate this to many things.  For me it was running, but you could relate it to any aspect of life.  What journey are you on?  If it's so difficult you feel like you may need to quit, check your form.  One small adjustment can sometimes make the world of difference! 

1 comment:

  1. I found you! Bible says a wise man has many counselors--glad one of yours gave you the tip re heel first===heal first to heal first!

    ReplyDelete