Thursday, June 10, 2010

Oh No! That Didn't Just Happen, Did it? (Embarrassing Moments)

What's one way to get a group of people who don't really know each other, very well, to suddenly feel as though they've known each other for years? By sharing some of your most embarrassing moments, of course! It's happened to all of us at one time or another...you know, that moment when you do or say something, and immediately you think to yourself, "Oh no! that didn't just happen, did it?" The difference between some people, and myself is, I like to share some of mine over the internet :) So, here we go.

Top 10 Most Embarrassing times in my life:

10. In high school, I was so insecure, I used to wave at pretend people in the hallway, just so it looked like I had friends. Then one day, my best friend caught me, and asked who I was waving to. When I told her what I did, she just looked at me awkwardly, silently confirming what a nerd I really was.

9. Again, in high school, I was waiting for my Mom to pick me up after school, and when I turned around to look at something, I smacked right into a telephone poll, really hard, right in front of everybody. Of course, I acted like it didn't hurt - but really I wanted to cry.

8. My sister in law and I were doing Tai Bo w/ Bobbie Blanks (?) and when Sean walked in, I thought I would show off. It happened to be when we were spinning our hands, like a boxer, near our face. Bobbie said, "Double Time", so I went faster - proceeding to punch myself in the jaw extremely hard. Once again, confirming what a nerd I can be.

7. Praying for someone down at the alter, and not being able to really hear the person, because of the music coming from the stage. When I asked her, her name, I thought she said "Ham". When I repeated it, she looked at me funny, and said, "No...Pam!" That was the first time I ever met my friend Pam Plumb :) who has since forgiven me!

6. One of the things I consistently do, is mix my words up in my sentences. So I say things, all the time, that don't make any sense. One time I went to say "sweet" and "cool" and I ended up saying "Kweet" - Of course, this happened in front of someone who loves to tease me anyway, so I never lived it down.

5. In fourth grade I got this amazing mullet - that was in style then (I think)- But then they permed the top. So for a long time my "friends" called me volcano head. A couple months later, when the perm started dying down, they would say my volcano erupted.

4. Not being very good w/ comebacks - I immediately default to sticking both of my thumbs up, as if saying "good job!". This happened w/ Aaron M. when I was walking by his car - years ago - he honked to scare me, and I turned around and went to say some really cool comeback. However, I couldn't think of one, so I just gave him a thumbs up.

3. Going out to dinner w/ my husband in a really nice restaurant, and when the waiter came to get our order, I started laughing really hard for no reason. I laughed so hard I started crying, and he walked away...luckily he came back later.

2. Roller Blading down McAndrews hill - and having to make the dive roll of my life, in a small patch of grass, so I wouldn't die, by flying off the curb. Of course, all the cars driving by saw quite the sight.

1. The number one most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me - is to embarrassing to put on the internet. Let's just say, I was in my 7th grade English class...you'll have to ask me about it :)

LIVE LIFE! LOVE LIFE! LAUGH HARD! Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

  1. You don't even rank the 2 day delay on the D-land safari cruise joke... geez. But now I know it was exposure to a favorite babysitter that influenced my oldest child's coordination.

    ReplyDelete