Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'm Packing my Lunch

This morning I am getting ready to go to my daughter's gymnastics meet in Roseburg which is about an hour and a half away. We go to these regularly in competition season and normally I would spend about $60, give or take a little, on food. They have a snack shack at the meet where you can buy hot dogs, soda, chips, candy, fruit, coffee, etc. Then on the way home we would always stop at a restaurant to celebrate. If your child is in sports and has games or meets all the tme, you see that this can get EXPENSIVE! So, today I am packing our lunch.

I am almost at the end of my second week. I haven't been grocery shopping since Feb. 16. Except for when Sean went to Costco for our cleaners. I did have him pick me up some more milk and bananas while he was there. Did you know that milk will still be good up to a week after the expiration date? I love bananas! My kids love bananas. They are soooo easy to just pop in their lunch. They are also relatively cheap also. The problem is in my head I think I have to have bananas all the time. Wrong! Remember....I have been "variety challenged" up to this point in my life. So I am out of bananas again, and I will not buy them until we go shopping around St. Patrick's Day. I will substitute with a fruit I do have. This is a good point to ponder...Substitute with what you do have, don't just make a run to the store!

I hope you are all enjoying this blog. As I said, I am learning as I go. I have felt bad at times for not having "expert" advise, but then I came to the conclusion, that is because I am not an expert...yet :) This month will be alot of journaling my journey. I want to know if this works. Shopping once a month? Who does that? This month I did, and so far it is working out really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment